AWOL Tours is launching scheduled mountain bike half day Constantia winelands tours. We know that cyclists are sociable and many of our clients love connecting with other travellers. To make mountain biking tours more accessible for spontaneous travellers we are launching scheduled daily departures for a small group experience which we hope will become one of the preferred meeting places for our travelling mountain biking community.
The ride departs from the Groot Constantia tasting gallery at 9am, and follows 14km of fairly flat urban greenbelts between the winefarms. The trails are perfect for entry level cyclists but intermediate and advanced cyclists will appreciate the well kept fun single trail sections, the really beautiful wine valley landscapes and the winetasting.
Why book this tour ?
- This experience is ideal for single travellers, travellers on a budget or those spontaneous last-minute bookings.
- We include the bikes, helmets, water and wine tasting.
- This experience will provide the opportunity for single travellers to join the tour share the experience with other like minded travellers.
- The Constantia greenbelt trails are perfect for beginner and intermediate cyclists.
- Taste beautiful award winning wines in South Africa’s oldest wine region.
- There are many lovely restaurants and dellis in the area for a leisurely winelands lunch for after your ride.
What should you bring?
- Wear light weight & comfortable clothing suitable for cycling
- Shoes for cycling
- Sunscreen, sunglasses & cap/hat
- Please arrive 10 minutes early so that the tour can depart promptly at 9 am.
Tours are guaranteed to depart daily at 9 am from the Groot Constantia wine tasting gallery. Private Constantia mountain biking tours with option to cycle the Tokai single trails are still available for booking. We look very much forward to sharing this beautiful and historic wine region with you. Book here